Antics and Ramblings of Kat

Thursday, July 06, 2006

New Challenges...

In just under a month's time, I'll be heading up to Cheshire for Jodrell Bank 2, a CPAS CYFA Venture. This will be my second as a team member, having also cooked for one year.

As time gets closer, people are beginning to find out what their particular 'responsibilities' are on the venture. Last year as a fledging team member, I was started at the shallow end with just a dorm group and a few other small tasks to take care of. This year, it seems God wants to stretch me a lot more than that!

I've been asked to co-ordinate music, which I'm really looking forward to - I love playing (flute) and singing, and to be honest I just don't do it enough anymore. This should be a great opportunity to dust off my instrument, as well as encourage the members to get involved with worship.

The scarier part though, is that I'm also leading a morning meeting, entitled "Who is the Holy Spirit?". We're basing our talk scheme on the Youth Alpha framework this year, so I do have some initial ideas to begin my thought process... but I have to admit to some feelings of trepidation! Although I spent a year cell leading, and done other things in the past such as Youth Alpha and CEx, I've never done anything like this before; leading a meeting for a large group of teenagers! So herein lies the challenge. Yes, it's quite a long way out of my comfort zone - but I've agreed to do it, and more importantly, God obviously wants me to do it! He'll give me the inspiration and the courage to see it through... and I'll keep you posted on how I get on with preparing this! And of course... your prayers would be incredibly appreciated!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger *Dannie* said…

    Good luck hon! Have no doubt God is going to excel through you doing this- you're going to be great!

    Praying goes without saying!
    x x

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hey-i really believe God works best in us when we step out of our comfort zone for Him.Be encouraged.

    Praying for you hun ! xXX

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home