Antics and Ramblings of Kat

Thursday, June 08, 2006

All the small things...

Isn't it funny how little things can remind you of someone?

My grandma passed away a week ago today... and ever since, little things have reminded me of her, almost everywhere I go.

* Strawberries. She always used to buy them in the summer.

* Carnations that she used to buy for my mum when she came to visit.

* Shopping in Sainsbury's... and the pork breakfast sausage she always bought, which me, my sister and cousin all love.

* The sunshine, and how she loved the sun and going on holiday and being in the garden.

It's just the little things, that make me think of her and smile and wish she was still here. It's the hardest thing to realise that I won't see her again, and that she won't be at my wedding next summer.

I hope I hold onto the little things... because those are the special things, the special memories that I never want to forget.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Anna said…

    Hey hun, so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Keep remembering the good times and thank God He blessed you with her in your life.

    You're in my prayers. Speak soon XXxxxXx

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Don't forget the custard doughnuts as well! And the terrys chocolate orange!
    Hope you're ok, I'm finding things that remind me of her all the time as well. love Sarah xx

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger *Dannie* said…

    Your in all our prayers love- thinking of you through this time. Dont worry there are some memories you will never forget x x

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Also- tunnock's caramel biscuits. I had one earlier!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home