Antics and Ramblings of Kat

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Coffee + revision = productive times!


Today I went to Starbucks for the third time in two weeks. Not a particularly unusual in itself for me, considering I work there for half the year... but as a paying customer (albeit at a reduced rate!) I don't usually make a habit of frequenting the place that often.

But, revision does funny things to a person, and looking at the same four walls of my room is driving me round the bend! So, armed with revision notes and partner discount card I head down to the change of scenery that is Starbucks to a) revise and b) indulge myself in some highly calorific beverage :) It works for me!!

With one exam down, and two to go (next one being tomorrow afternoon!) I'm foreseeing a couple of more trips yet -- call it a 'coping strategy'!

And I have to say, today was a first... while placing my order I was practically offered a job by the manager -- which I turned down... I'm far too busy as it is when I'm in Reading to fit in a job on top of all that! But still... it's nice to know I have options!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger thebluefish said…

    Nice. Can't really beat starbucks.
    though i think the Guildford ones are nicer than the Reading one.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Good way to revise then! I went to starbucks last thursday and had a choclate chip frap, was really nice!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Lou said…

    kat! i miss you! how are you/where are you/aren't exams over yet? heh. hope you're ok. can't wait til next year when you're just around the corner.xxx

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home